The main objective of the FINCRIME project is to perform an analysis and prediction of the economic and financial crimes around the world countries with a focus on the European Union countries.
The specific objectives of this project are detailed as follows:
The empirical investigations of the economic and financial crime (concept, measures, causes and effects) are detailed on the following specific objectives which correspond to the previous research directions:
- Reviewing the literature regarding the measuring tools for economic and financial crime, finding the main components of economic and financial crimes, the methodology used for aggregation of data. Building an economic and financial crime index (EFCI - Economic and Financial Crime Index) for the world countries, data handling, econometric analyses, and generation of results (RD1). Empirical estimations of the time-varying economic and financial crime level around the world countries with focus on European countries are conducted.
- Reviewing the literature on the relation between technology, cybercrime and economic and financial crime, data handling, econometric tests, generation and interpretation of results (RD2).
- Reviewing the literature on the role of intelligence on economic and financial crime, data handling, econometric tests, generation and interpretation of results (RD3).
- Reviewing the literature on the effects of economic and financial crime on economic and sustainable development, data handling, econometric tests, generation and interpretation of results (RD4).
Developing a machine learning platform for determining the economic and financial criminal risk at micro and macro level for the companies and industries of the world with focus on the European space.
- Development of a machine learning platform for collecting the economic and financial crime attributes at micro and macro level (RD5).
- Prediction of the criminal risk at micro and macro level of the world economies with focus on the European space (RD5).
- Promoting visibility and availability of this platform through the inter-institutional relations that the Babes-Bolyai University maintains with central authorities (Romanian Police, National Agency for Fiscal Administration - ANAF, National Office for Prevention and Combating Money Laundering - ONPCSB, National Cyber Security Response Center - CERT etc.) (RD5).